Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saarinen on Sale????

I was perusing the "Saturday Sale" on 1st Dibs this morning and came across this original Saarinen (for Knoll) side table offered for a sale price of $3760 by Threshold (an absolutely fantastic website with a treasure trove of antiques and accessories)

I thought to myself....THREE THOUSAND seven hundred and sixty dollars!!??? THAT is a sale price?? I know to have an "original" piece is more valuable and will appreciate, but really...would you buy a table for that amount of cash when you can get a brand new one at Design Within Reach for $759? I have seen these "originals" on 1st Dibs before...same style table for less than $1000. Was wondering what makes this one worth so much more...it has a scratch in the base as well...Someday, I will have one of these babies but not on "sale" for over $3K! WOW!

6 comments:

annechovie said...

Yes, seriously....amazing how something gets a name and gains such value over time - a mystery to me. Have a great Sunday!

Fifi Flowers said...

My mom has one of those tables
and two chairs left from the
60s... when she had a decorator do her apartment.

Ivy Lane said...

Fifi, Oh..I am so envious..your Mom's ensemble must be worth a small fortune if in mint condition! I'd love to see a snapshot...

Joyce said...

A great table, but I better start saving. Have a golden day! xoxo

Colour Me Happy said...

I want this in a dining table so bad!!!

ric said...

情趣用品,情趣,情趣用品,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友