Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome.......


It's oh so frightful outside today so I thought it would be nice to feature some beautiful entryways done by one of my favorite designers, Tom Scheerer. His "look" is effortless, elegant and welcoming...
The use of chairs flanking an entry hall table or door way is so inviting for guests who need to take off boots/shoes or just sit a spell... 


Casual yet elegant using a beautiful chest of drawers with a marble bust on top coupled with places to hang one's hat (s )... This would be so easy to pull off... 


I especially love this entry... The colour scheme is beautiful. Many of the same elements: Chairs flanking a mirror, a place to hang coats and hats, beautiful vignette on the skirted table, lovely sisal flooring.... 
Imagine walking in that entry with a warm cozy fire to welcome you! 


Here again... similar colour scheme..I just love that apricot used with the black. The antique chest and chairs in conjunction with a contemporary art and rug.... This gives me hope! I think I could pull that look off! 
Notice the marble/stone tops on some of the pieces used and the symmetry of the number of items used to style the tops of the hall chests and tables. Some have even numbers of items most have odd... I like the looseness of odd... not too matchy matchy...


The natural light in this entry is so lovely... 


Always a beautiful, interesting entry wall...a fabulous colour, paper, or texture... This is ornate, but still not too too fussy... 

(All images on Tom Scheerer's Pinterest page)

Which one is your fave? 


1 comment:

La Contessa said...

BOO!
I too majored in Fashion Merchandising!
Love your name…….I signed up to follow YOU……
Wasn't that a GREAT post VICKI did on FRENCH ESSENCE!Hope you will FOLLOW me!