Monday, January 21, 2013

Modern Rescue....


I was out showing a client homes the other day and happened upon these mid-century modern seating pieces.  Since then, I have not been able to get them out of my mind. 


Oh...the possibilities! This 2 piece sectional is in very good condition except for the cushions.  It is a combination of wood and metal, something I have not seen before. I tried to read the labels on the bottom of the piece and they are very faint... 


I have a large office and thought this would be a great piece for my clients to sit on when discussing contracts and negotiations. 


I am feeling a fabulous, fresh print on thicker cushions to "jazz" these pieces up a bit.
Does anyone know the manufacturer? Look familiar?


I love this chair and I would have the cushions redone in the same color! The metal legs are a copper tone.



and these chairs!!! They are ultra comfortable. I am thinking leather in a fun color or deep chocolate brown...
Your thoughts?


Side view of one of the pair. It must be the same manufacturer as it is the same wood/metal combo....


There's also a set of 4 dining chairs.... They are small in scale and would be excellent for extra seating or for a vanity....or in a bath by the tub..or....Again...same wood/metal combo....I think a fresh trellis print would be cool!


Here's the side view of the dining chair.... and..don't you love the "groovy" carpet!

Sooo..... my other dilemma is...what to pay for the "lot"

Suggestions please! 

6 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

I love them! I like the idea of chocolate brown and copper, and a print for the dining room chairs. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about prices for this type of furniture. Perhaps writing into Antiques Roadshow? Good Luck and always have fun!!

Unknown said...

the metal frame furniture like the sectional and chairs was very low-priced when it was originally produced and resale prices/value are still fairly low.

if you like it, then there is no harm buying it to recover, but i don't think it's worth more than a few hundred dollars, maybe $300 for the lot if you included the dining chairs.

24 Corners said...

they're fabulous Ivy...I'd snatch them up in a second, especially for an office, and recovering them will give them a whole new life, which they deserve. Keep that cost in mind 'when' you purchase them (wink-wink), and I think maison21's price of $300 sounds fair, that's the number I was floating about in my head as well...maybe $350. Best of luck with this...it'd be a fun project to undertake of you go for it with amazing, very Draper-esque results.
Best wishes for the New Year sweetie...
xo J~

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Wowza....cool cat stuff! I do beliieve you NEEEED them. Like Maison21's price....sounds good to me!

Nita Stacy said...

Oh...they are great. I'd mix it up in the upholstery. Do some in turquoise...some in orange and some in a big mod flower print with both colors used. I think $300 is a good price for all. I wouldn't use these all in the same room together though...it will look too "Back in Time". But oh...they are all great accent pieces. like use the sofa but with some other things. Use the chairs with a more substantial new sofa. Resell some of it after your upholster. Great find!

24 Corners said...

Ivy, One Kings Lane has a pair of chairs *exactly* like yours here with the turquoise...how amazing is that! Did you see them...if not, go take a peek, they're in the vintage section.
xo J~