Happy Sunday everyone! I am so honored to be included in the "Seven" that the wonderful Dennice of the fabulous blog Fringe chose to pass the "Beautiful Blogger Award" to!
We are supposed to give 7 tidbits about ourselves and then pass the award on to 7 of our favorite beautiful bloggers!
1. I am truly blessed to be the second of four children that my darling parents adopted. My birth name is Lisa Marie. I used to think that I was named after Elvis Presley's daughter back when I was much younger. Only to find that I am probably a tad older than she, so that could not have been. My name was changed for the birth certificate to Mary Ann, after my Grandmother. She passed away the day after my birthday many moons ago, and I will forever treasure the birthday card that she wrote out in her own hand just days prior to her passing. It has pink roses on it........ Her daughter, my Aunt..was named Rosemary, she passed away 6 months prior to my Grandmother.. I often wonder if the roses on that card where a symbol of my Aunt........
2. One of my wild dreams was to be a back up singer in a rock band! If you happen to pull up along side of me at a red light, you might just catch me livin' in a moment "on stage" as I sing my lungs out in the car, oblivious to all around me!
3. My biggest regret in life is that I did not have children...don't be sad...it just wasn't in the cards...
4. My parents are 2 of my best friends. Everyday I thank God to be able to have them in my life. We spend a lot of time together, just the 3 of us. They are full of wisdom, have the greatest senses of humor, and are by far the best confidents!
5. (borrowing this tidbit from Fringe ) My husband has several nicknames for me.... "Fred", "Freddie" and "Charlie".... mostly "Fred"..... I rarely ever hear "Mary" !
6. Gardening is my favorite hobby. I am not super good at it, but spending time in the garden reminds me of my Mom. As a child, I always helped weed the garden beds and plant the bulbs in the woods each fall.... My Mom has passed poppy plants there were in my Grandmother's yard over 40 years ago, along with part of a currant bush that was in my other Grandmother's yard even longer ago.... I see "them" each spring/summer day when I get up and look out my window into the garden.
7. Time goes by so fast... At the ripe 'ol age of 45, I am STILL searching for my true passion. You know, the passion or thing that makes one leap out of bed each morning in ernest to start the day and go to bed each night exausted...but the "good exausted" from loving what you do.
I am envious and at the same time, so very happy for those of you who share your talents and passions for what you do everyday! Each one of you has a unique and special gift and it is so inspiring to "visit" each day and learn something new and get to take something away.
Thank you, Dennice for including me in this wonderful exercise! Here's my "Seven"...pay them a visit and you will surely be inspired!