Friday, December 11, 2009

An Ornament of Inspiration....


Happy Pink Saturday Everyone!


This week the "PINK" participants will be sharing a favorite holiday decoration and a story or memory about their item.


Pictured above is one of my favorite ornaments. I made it when I was a young girl. It is just a styrofoam ball that I used yellow majic marker to "paint" and embellished with sequines and decorative foil...the sequins are attached with regular old sewing pins...it looks like it could be from India or Morocco don' t you think!? It's kind of funny as it has hints of my favorite things in decor and fashion today!


I always get a warm, fuzzy feeling when I hang it on the tree.....ahhhh...to be young again!

Don't forget to check out our Beverly at How Sweet the Sound and see what she and all the other "PINK" participants are up to!

6 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That is a beautiful ornament, and how wonderful that you still have it! I think sentimental ones and ones that people make are the best!

Happy Pink Saturday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

♥Mimi♥ said...

We don't need elaborate decorations or a big tree or numerous gifts under a tree. All any of us needs is to carry the spirit of Christmas in our hearts and to share it all year long with everyone we meet.

Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me today. Yes, I'm crazy about ♥PINK♥ but I'm also devoted to visiting some of the nicest blogs in cyberspace.

Hoping your weekend is filled with peace.

Maria Killam said...

I need some more creative and multi-coloured balls on my tree, that's a pretty one!

Tammy@InStitches said...

Looks like something we would have made. It's great that you still have it. Thanks for stopping by my blog, come back anytime.

Fifi Flowers said...

Your favorite decoration is lovely!

Char said...

Your ornament is indeed beautiful and all the more that you made it. What a treasure and I am sure it fills your heart with pride each year that you unwrap it. Handmade is always best, straight from the heart, Happy Pink Saturday and I hope you have a perfect Merry Christmas, see you in 2010, Char