Monday, September 7, 2009
A Little Bit of Vintage Goes a Long Way......
1st dibs.com does it again! In July they launched a site where we can buy fabulous vintage haute couture, jewels, and accessories! I had a hard time choosing my favorite items that are timeless and in line with today's trends! Most are under $500! Be sure to visit 1st Dibs today! you'll be amazed!
1. SOLD! Naturally, because I love them! Yves St. Laurent poured glass clip ons with black crystal diamond accents....circa 1970's, made in France, Dealer is Ricky Serbin Haute... (I found many wonderful treasures on this site!)
2. I LOVE the 1960's vintage Kenneth Jay Lane cross necklace for only $400! This can be worn casual or dressy .... would be great with a white tshirt, skinny jeans, ankle boots .... go to J. Crew.com , you'll get the idea! Dealer Ricky Serbin Haute
3. WOW! for a mere $300 you can own another treasure from Kenneth Jay Lane, also offered by Ricky Serbin Haute The clear blue lapis and coral cabochans are stunning! (poured glass) I would pin this on a long gold chain necklace or attach to a grosgrain ribbon belt! Voila! perfection!
4. Okay, so I like cross pins and necklaces! Seriously, for $300...wouldn't you love this vintage poured glass pin...so many possibilities... Kenneth Jay Lane, circa 1960's Again, offered by Ricky Serbin Haute.....
5. Ahhh....Rolex for Tiffany & Co. This timeless piece is circa 1970's, made of stainless steel with a white gold bezel. Offered by The Paper Bag Princess. At only $3200, I think it is a bargain!!! It's for a man...but who says we women can't wear it?
6. The rhinestone disk necklace fits right in with today's accessory trends...I would layer it with a few more long necklaces .... or alone with my favorite Tee...it is offered by P.S. , is circa 1960's and is only $375!
7. MY FAVE!!! Lanvin Cuff Watch, made in France, circa 1960's, $850! My birthday is next week!!! Offered by dealer Resurrection...
8. If you are not on a budget, the vintage 1940's gold Tiffany & Co. link bracelet with diamonds is dreamy! okay..it's $5000... but..goes with EVERYTHING! I think Rachel Zoe would agree! Offered by dealer CREATUER DELUXE
9. Last but not least, who wouldn't LOVE the fabulous russian sable fur jacket! It is circa 1950's, perfect condition, offered by Ricky Serbin Haute.... it is only $4200. Go check it out and see what the replacement cost is!!!
I hope you enjoyed these treasures and agree that a little bit of vintage certainly goes a looonnnngg way!