Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Take a Seat!


The kitchen has a few more projects to
go..one being covering those God awful white muslim seat covers!!
Here's a shout out to all you designers I am taking a poll as to what to do here... distressed leather? textured heavy apholstery?simple microfiber?..

I have 8 nieces and nephews(need to be able to wipe up a pizza party!) and like the idea of a distressed leather with varigated coloring to pick up the brown walls and the brazilian cherry floors..(the brown and red tones)..the granite has a touch of a pinky salmon color....
I plan to commission my FAVORITE artist, Jane Slivka http://www.janeslivkagallery.com/ to do a painting for the blank wall to the left of the window.
HELP~~~

5 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

I have leather sofas in my family room where two boys and a hubby hang out... and it is EASY to wipe off! I vote leather! NO microfiber

Viera said...

What about beautiful fabric from Ruby Green to sassy it up

Ivy Lane said...

Fifi Flowers, Thanks for stoppin by and voting!!

Viera, I LOVE the fabrics from Ruby Green.. will go back the website and check them out again!

Ann said...

It looks lovely already. Distressed leather would be perfect though for easy maintenance.

Ivy Lane said...

Joni of famed Cote de Texas emailed me and said she felt I needed to add some color and pleather! I thought WOW, what a great idea...and cost effective too. We are thinking a deep turquoise.. You can't see the adjacent rooms and the elements they have.. I am planning on commissioning a painting for one of the blank walls by the window ..that will bring in alot of color.. I'll reveal the new look when it's done!! Going to possibly use viera's idea re: ruby green for some decorative pillows in the master bedroom!!